Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetic macular edema
ajnsmom posted:
Hi, I'm new here, so this is my first post. I had a vitrectomy done in my right eye on Jan 22, and about 3 or 4 weeks later, the surgeon said I have swelling from leakage in my right eye. He didn't make a connection between the surgery (I also had cataract surgery on the same eye on Jan 7) and the swelling. But an article I read online said it often happens as a result of cataract surgery. All that being said, the steroid drops I've been on to treat it for the past week and a half don't appear to be working, because my vision in that eye is even more blurry now. My opthamologist said I can continue using the drops and just wait for my followup appt with him, but I'm starting to think I need to hurry up and have laser or something to fix this. I can't see how to drive because of this, and I don't want it to get any worse. Any thoughts, any of you have this problem? Thanks,

Linda

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

normal reading
My Dr. said I have diabetes my a1c level is 6.5 and wants me to take Metformin 500mg. I took my bs test and it was 103 after I ate. I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.