Skip to content
Type 2 on Metformin and now Victoza
colesmom63 posted:
Hi all:
This last Wed my Endo added Victoza to my regiment. So now I inject Victoza once a day and take 500mg of Metformin twice a day. I tested this am without having eaten and I came out at 144 so I had some crackers and some water. This evening I forgot to test before I ate (wasn't thinking) but I tested 2 hours after I ate and tested at 194, I then waiting 20-30 and tested again and tested at 150. I did test before I ate lunch and it was 99 and after lunch it was 109 (which was good). What the heck am I doing wrong? I am watching my carbs but am having trouble limiting them. Tonight I had 1 slice of Rye toast with 1 slice of swiss cheese. Any suggestions from the gallery on how you guys learned to limit carbs? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Sheri

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.