Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What could cause this
Rocknrobbin1122 posted:
My boyfriend is on 95 units of insulin 2x a day. This morning he took his 95 units and has eaten the following over the last nine hours... Coffee with sugar, instant oatmeal, chicken and noodles, M&M's , a TV dinner consisting of Salisbury steak, potatoes and corn. He is a big guy so I'm sure the portions were larger than he should have eaten. He checked his Sugar at Noon today it was 86 and 4 hours later it has dropped to 79. Should this be right?

auriga1 responded:
Well, it seems the insulin is working.

I must say his diet is not very diabetic friendly. If he cut out nearly everything he ate in the last nine hours, except for the protein, he could probably cut back on the insulin dosage. Must say, that is a lot of insulin he is using.

If he is active throughout the day, that also could be why ihs BS numbers are within the normal range.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.