Skip to content
Blood Sugar ? Pancreatic Malfunction ? w/ back pain
Ayuda01 posted:
hello

I am concerned that my pancreas is malfunctioning or there is some sort of neoplasm. Let me explain, I have been feeling fatigued with brain fog for about 1-1.5 years now and it has been a steady feeling throughout that time. About 5-6 months ago I started feeling this pain in my mid back that is localized the the left upper quadrant of my back(although more midline). I ignore it but it waxes and wanes.
So, I had countless tests performed for my fatigue etc, sleep study(negative), EKG(negative), Head MRI(negative), CBC, CMP, Mono, Lymes, TSH all negative.
I read somewhere that D-Ribose helps with fatigue, and to my surprise, it actually does. This is my 4th day on it and I can def. notice a slight difference already.
My question is, could I have some sort of glucose deficiency? (Maybe overactive pancreas producing insulin?) Because, immediately after i take my ribose, my cognition and brain fog immediately vanishes, and I can concentrate and study with an immense improvement.
What blood test should I request to evaluate my sugars etc, to rule out any pancreatic causes of this?

thanks for your help!

jfremont responded:
My question, I'am Diabetic type 2, and keep My A1c under 7 allthe times and eat the right foods.Check my Vision, my feet, and what else praise the lord.Iam getting tired , people talk about Diabetes, brain a good news for us , not bad news, help uus.that's all!

limey108 responded:
I would suggest that you find an excellent doctor, discuss the situation with him and let him be the person who decides what tests and the best course of action for you. It would appear that you are trying to be your own physician, which isn't very wise. Good luck!

An_251051 replied to An_251051's response:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/540401-ribose-and-insulin-resistance/

It looks like that if we are diabetics and are on this supplement we need to be careful. It can cause low sugars. Not something I need right now. my sugars are normal.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.