Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
another sock question diabetic socks?
KristieDix posted:
I've had diabetes for close to 15 years. I've always worn regular socks but lately have been having problems with the elastic in the socks cutting off circulation and my calves swelling above the socks & numbness . I had found some socks last year at Farm & Fleet that had almost no elastic in the tops & bought several pairs. I was needing some new ones but F&F no longer carry them & I'm not sure of the brand. I looked at some diabetic socks but there's a lot of choices. I need something that I can wear with work boots & with regular shoes. I did by a pair of two different brands. By the end of the day I did have slight swelling in my legs with each pair though not nearly as bad as with regular tube socks. One pair also caused some slight discomfort. Just wondering what brands some of you other diabetics are wearing. What should I be looking for in a diabetic socks . Are they really worth the extra money?

nutrijoy responded:
I don't have any circulatory problems but this deal popped up in my mailbox from 13Deals.com yesterday. I can't vouch for the quality or anything else but the price appears to be reasonable at $9.99 for six pairs with free shipping. This post does not constitute a recommendation for this merchandise as I do not have any personal experience with this particular product. I can only confirm that I have purchased items from the vendor in the past and have been satisfied with my occasional purchases from them.

nutrijoy responded:
Silly me! I forgot to include the link:
Diabetic Socks @ 13Dewals.com

NWSmom4g replied to nutrijoy's response:
Here's another problem: socks seem to be made for wide feet. I do not like the way the excess fabric bunches up inside my shoes. Does anyone know of decent socks that are made for narrow feet? I would really appreciate the info!

Nancy

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.