Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jucing for Diabeitcs
An_251585 posted:
My mom was scared of her blood test because she started to develop signs of diabetis in her boold sure. I am pleased to say there are many juices that can help her. I have been juicing myself and it makes a world of difference.

flutetooter responded:
Are you a diabetic also? Your suggestion that your mother should be drinking many juices because it would make a "World of difference", would make a world of difference for me also!!! It would make my blood sugar go sky high because of all the quickly digested sugars. Please do not try to"doctor" your mother. Most diabetics are cautioned to go easy on the fruits, especially juices.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

shank_us replied to flutetooter's response:
You are right about fruit juices. But I have read in many books about benefits of Vegetable juice (brussel sprouts) being good for health.

I personally have never tried but have it on my 'to-do' list.

An_251837 responded:
As the other two posters have said, diabetics should never drink juice on a regular basis. The whole fruit has much more fiber and will not cause as much of a raise in blood glucose reading as juice does.

Vegetable juices may be OK. Carrot juice and a few other vegetables would be higher in natural sugars and my still raise glucose readings.

Bottom line: whole fruits and vegetables have a much better nutritional value than juices.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.