Skip to content
diabetes to my 63 yrs old fathers
Dev_Indian posted:
my father having diabetes from last yrs, he is a chain smoker as well drink alcohol before meal every night. Now his condition is serious kidney problem (Creatnine 6 and urea 250) for which he undergoes dialysis and after that his creat 3 and urea about 80-110. On diagnosis he found TB on his chest which doctor told 10-12 years old. He got 2 minor heart attack for which angioplasty was done where 2 valves were found to be blocked. Dialysis is still going on but he got breathing problem and on oxygen mask. His whole body is too weak and bed sores all over his buttocks. Doctors told that to stop antibiotics. Is there any sign of recovery as we spent lots of money, economically we facing a lots of problem or u can say we are financially weak, daily ICU charges + dialysis charges + expensive medications. Is there any ray of hope. Every body is in tension in our family. Doctors do not reply clearly, sometimes they say this, sometimes that. But we are dependent on them as we can not do nothing by seeing father's condition.

jasononsweets responded:
It does not sound good but I would let him pass on happy. Obviously someone in the family is buying him the cigarretes and alcolhol....

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.