Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
testing my sugar
tinamarie67 posted:
am having a hard time losing weight with having diabetes type 2.
since i have been diagnosed 4 years ago i lost over 4o pounds i have been at a stand still for months. i go to the gym 3-4 times a week my blood sugar drops so much that i can not finish my workouts. my impossible insurance company only allows me one test strip per day that is impossible i do not like the fact that i have no idea what my blood sugar is i have passed out on several times this can not be healthy for me. i have not yet been able to find a good endo in suffolk county my current dr has atleast a 2 month wait for an appointment. please help!

brinerlady responded:
This is a case where your doctor has to step in and tell your insurance company it is necessary for you to have unlimited test strips per day and explain your circumstances. Often this can be done by his assistant, or office personal, over the phone. I'm sure if you give this a try, you will be successful.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.