Skip to content
Sores in nose
DonnaOT posted:
I was just referred to an ENT due to having a sore in my nose that just wont heal. The doctor said it looks like nasal folliculitis. I read on line that it is common with diabetes ( I have had T1 for 2 years). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Donna

MrsCora01 responded:
I had that for a while a number of years ago. I don't know too many people with diabetes that have it, but I know it happens to some people. I had success using a pair of tweezers and pulling out the "offending" hair (owie) and treating with peroxide on a q-tip. I don't know why it started (had diabetes over 30 years when it started) but it cleared up on it's own too.

Have you talked to a dermatologist about this? There may be some sort of antibiotic cream that can help.

Best of luck.

Cora

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.