Skip to content
Diet sugar
barb10562 posted:
Saw again on the news that the body cannot tell the difference between real sugar and diet sugar and that diet soda is not good. If this is true, no wonder there are so many diabetics in the world!! I dont rely heavily on the diet stuff but I do drink vitamin water with no sugar and also have diet sugar in my coffee( 1 cup ).Otherwise I eat normally but have just a little. I need input please. Thanks!!

nutrijoy responded:
This article from the Mercola.com website sheds some light on diet sodas and indirectly may provide you with some of the information that you seek. I avoided linking to even more "enlightening" websites because the forum's censors, whoever they are, may dislike the wording used on those sites that often criticize "conventional wisdom" even though the information posted on the sites is 100% evidence-based. I probably have had more posts deleted than most other forum members without receiving any explanation and without getting banned (maybe that will change?). In any event, Mercola's website is a very popular one and he falls short of outright criticism of the "establishment." As a result, perhaps this post will survive censorship.

An_251837 replied to nutrijoy's response:
Why do you keep posting here if you dislike the "forum's censors" so much? Your posts are far too confusing and you have a pompous, know-it-all attitude that I find offensive.

Good bye.

rohvannyn replied to nutrijoy's response:
Thanks for the link, Nutrijoy. I'd been looking for information about that, and don't find your posts confusing at all.

I also dislike censorship of the type you are noticing. It is likely due to users reporting, since the forums themselves aren't actively moderated. For myself, I only report things like duplicate posts, but I agree with you, it is quite irksome, no matter what the original cause.

shank_us replied to nutrijoy's response:
Thanks for sharing.

flutetooter replied to nutrijoy's response:
I am on "vacation" for a while from posting, so I can exercise even more, but I simply had to write and say I read every one of your posts for the great info. I also am fans of Dr. Bernstein and BloodSugar 101's Jenny Ruhl. So far, so good for me on no meds, but I am thinking of restarting my lose dose of metformin for all the good effects on the body. I just read Jenny Ruhl's blood on metformin. I think one poster here just had a little too much sugar on the brain.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.