Skip to content
Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms, normal bloodsugar count?
navzy posted:
I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Insulin Resistance. I have all the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes but my bloodsugar is normal. What does it mean and what to look out for? I am 23 years old.

adaptomom responded:
These are questions I would definitely cover with my physician if I were you. He or she would be far better equipped to answer them than any of us. I had no symptoms whatsoever; my diabetes was discovered as a result of a routine physical. I don't know if the reverse could be true, or if POS symptoms can mirror those of diabetes. Ask an endocrinologist for sure.

auriga1 responded:
You do need to ask your physician this question. Ask your doctor for an A1C test. The A1C is an average of your blood sugars 24/7 for three months.

My diagnosis was "uncontrolled diabetes" with an A1C of 13.2. I had zero symptoms. The A1C of 13.2 is an average of approximately 363. What's symptomatic for one person is not for another.

A non-diabetic's A1C averages between 4.5 to 5.7. Many times labs will vary on what is normal in the numbers they use.

I would call my doctor on this one.

navzy replied to adaptomom's response:
Will definitely have to go for a checkup... Thank you so much!!

navzy replied to auriga1's response:
That might be a very good idea... I tend to have elusive signs and symptoms with everything...

Thanks for the advice!!

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.