Skip to content
messed up
cnadygirl53 posted:
you know I have learned a lot about myself when I was told I had diabetes, and had some good advice and some I couldn't understand. Since I have been told I was in the clear I still continued on with my quest for good health and lost five more pounds but now it all seems like it has been for nothing. I still have problems with shaking, can't eat, dizziness and light headed, the other day I sat and thought of ways that I could die or go to the brink of it and still come back and I am not depressed. why does this have to be so hard, nobody said diabetes would do all this and it's insane, just had to vent nothing more.

krhudson responded:
cnadtgirl153,

Always good to vent once in a while. Diabetes can be extremely frustrating if it is not controlled to a tee.

Have you posted anything about your Diabetes such as type1
or type 2? Insulin or not? A1C results? Doses of meds and
which ones? Have you had a lot of Diabetes Education to
learn about yourself and lifestyle changes that must be
made? You have lost 5 more pounds! That is great, what
is your exercise plan? Diet?

I hope you are working with the Dr. about the shaking, not
wanting to eat, dizziness and light headedness. Have you
mentioned it to him./her?

Diabetes does not have to be insane but if not controlled
people can feel like they are on a roller coaster ride of ups
and downs and depression can set in.

What do you mean you were told you were in the clear?

krhudson

brinerlady replied to krhudson's response:
Whenever you get "strange feelings" take a reading and keep track of the time of day and what you are experiencing.Make sure you are keeping a log of your readings and that should be around the same time every day. Exception being your light headedness etc. If you have done something unusual, make a note of that. Like: ate a piece of pizza, or had one cookie, or went out to eat. I also question your medications and how taken. Actually, I was devistated too when I learned I had diabetes. But after 6 classes with a diabetes educator, and reading articles, I have come a long way to being human. I can be normal by just counting my carbs. That is so important!!!! Blue Bunny makes a smaller ice cream bar with only 14 carbs. A wonderful treat and not that bad for you. Let us know what your readings are when you get this light headed.Make sure you take a reading when this happens. It could be you need to eat something. Always keep track of your testing in a nice log book. (Day,date, time
of day, reading, and NOTES.) There is a nice group of people here to help you. Keep us informed so we can help you thru this and get to feel normal again. Meanwhile, tell us your medications, readings, and what you eat for a meal. We have all been where you are and worked thru it. YOU CAN DO IT !!!

An_252908 replied to krhudson's response:
Read her other posts and you will see what is going on with her. She doesn't want to except she's a diabetic.

brunosbud replied to An_252908's response:
I've never understood the practice of "researching" what another community member wrote in the past, then, try to hang' em for it...What's the upside (for doing that)? Do we get extra points, green stamps, somethin'?

An_252908 replied to brunosbud's response:
It was directed to krhudson because of what she asked "Have you posted anything about your Diabetes such as type1
or type 2? Insulin or not? A1C results? Doses of meds and
which ones? Have you had a lot of Diabetes Education to
learn about yourself and lifestyle changes that must be
made".

If she went back and read about cnadygirl she would have the answers to her questions. That's what that was all about. Not to hang anyone.

krhudson replied to An_252908's response:
Hi An,

I usually read the post that comes in that day since people's
feelings about things can change each day so regardless of
what Cnadygirl said in the past, it is how she is feeling today
that counts the most.

I do not want to evaluate the progression of ones feelings and attitudes about things over time and decide whether to
respond or not. Some prior posts can be like a broken record when people get stuck on something and cannot bring their mind to a different level about an issue.

It is the breakthrough that I am looking for and offering help
for the moment. It only takes a minute for someone to give
me answers for brief questions rather than a larger amount of
time going back and reading their posts. That is why I will
always get details in a nutshell to try and shed a different
light on things for that person.

Cnadygirl would not be the first person that does not accept their Diabetes. Once she gets the lifestyle straight and gets control over it rather than it controlling her it is clear sailing for her and rather than looking at it as a hindrance she may look
at it in a positive way because everyone should follow the plan of a Diabetic and the benefit of being one is that we are ahead of the game and live longer than many people that are not
taking care of themselves. Positive thoughts are important, no
pity parties allowed!!!

krhudson

An_252908 replied to krhudson's response:
Sorry for any problems I might have caused - was not meaning any ill will on anyone. I will not be posting here any more as some of my comments are taken the wrong way.

Cnadygirl sorry if I offended you in anyway that was not my intention.

brinerlady responded:
I think your name is Candygirl? Just checking in with you and wondering how you are doing now? You can talk to everyone and not have any problem. Maybe one of you had a bad day? We all do. Let's hear how you are today. We all care.

An_252908 replied to brinerlady's response:
Excuse me I am not depressed or not living right - My a1c is only 4.9%. You SHOULD be addressing cnadygirl not me. I am not the one with the problem. so get the story right, this is way I stopped posting here.

brunosbud responded:
Healthy people are, usually, happy people. Conversely, unhealthy people are, usually, unhappy people.
It never occurs to the unhealthy that the key to becoming healthy is to think and behave in a happy and considerate fashion. That disease is simply the body following a negative state of mind. And, if you understand this concept, then, you can accept why people are such ___holes.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.