Skip to content
Inflammation of joints and Type 2 Diabetes
adaptomom posted:
I had a very stubborn case of tennis elbow this past spring, and now I'm having a lot of pain in my left hip. My chiropractor did an ultrasound and x-ray which show severe inflammation of the whole area, but healthy amounts of cartilage, which is good. He brought up the fact that I've had two severe instances of inflammation recently and thought that maybe it's due to my diabetes. Although my diabetes is well-controlled, my blood pressure and cholesterol are both on the low side, he said diabetes could still be causing this, and that the inflammation also might be happening in my circulatory system. I have a call into my MD for an appointment to discuss this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar as a complication?

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.