Skip to content
Need information please for loved one
holymoly posted:
Our grandmother is diabetic. She is currently in a rehab facility receiving treatment for an infection in her leg. It now appears that the infection has caused circulatory issues. We are unclear if the next procedure will be to place a stint into the leg or to remove the leg. Our family is wanting a second opinion. We aren't sure if she needs to see an Endocrinologist or Vascular/Circulatory Specialist at this point. Once we are able to determine the type of doctor, we will need assistance finding one in her area or close proximity. Any information is greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day.
mrscora01 responded:
You should probably get her to see both. Good blood sugar control is important, especially if she needs amputation surgery. And the vascular specialist will be important to determine what is going on and needs to be done with her leg. See both.
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.