Skip to content
I have a question about diabetes and my doctor
mustang37b posted:
hello, I'm not here to play games but I have a question, I had a doctor for 10 years, but he left practice. He is the one who diagnosed me in the very beginning Jan 20 2008 having type II diabetes. I know for years I've been playing games in this four. But I'm trying to get real with mental recovery. My point is I had that Dr. 10 years ago and he left practice. Then I got a new doctor with walking distance. I've been 6 mos, all take the HC1 test every four months, average month 6.1 6.2,5.2 and recent it was 5.8, this t Dr. doesn't consider me a diabetic. She even told me don't have test anymore don't take metformin anymore. How do you know who are good doctors out there, but she's also leaving practice. And I'm getting another doctor at the same place walking distance. At the past people used to tell me that average Joe one your diabetic you're always be a diabetic, but how come my overall sugar is not considered diabetic. I haven't been tested for three weeks so far. But like when my neighbor said I'm getting dizzy for the last couple of days and I don't know why, but I did drink a glass of orange juice and I did work. I feel much better. My question is a group at MIT diabetic even Dr. said I'm not,who should I believe. I am exercising more often. should testing own.

An_251837 responded:
Did you get the HBA1C of 5.8 while still taking the Metformin? If so, then you are very well controlled but still diabetic. If no medication, then you are a diabetic who is in remission.

NEVER drink orange juice or eat anything sugary just because you are dizzy without testing. High blood sugar can also make you dizzy. If you blood sugar is high and you have more sugar, you could pass out or worse. YOU NEED TO KEEP TESTING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR NO MATTER WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAYS.

I am not a doctor, but IMHO you are still a diabetic and need a doctor who will treat you as one. Find another doctor in your area that will help you.

mustang37b replied to An_251837's response:
thank you for respond. Anyway she is a Dr. but MO whatever that means. She is what the doctor but the doctor that I so before 10 years ago was an md. and he specialized a lot in diabetes related patients, but the last Dr. she wasn't. I guess my mom had a funny feeling in her gut feeling she's not good Dr.. Mom is always right,Love her but anyway thank you for the respond and I'll start checking again starting tonight. Thank you again peace out.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.