Skip to content
SLIM DIABETIC WEIGHT PROGRAM
An_253249 posted:
I AM DIABETIC 2 .I HAVE BEEN ON METFORIN 500 MG 2 TIMES A DAY. I WAS NEVER OVER WEIGHT, ALWAYS IN LOW 50'S.
BEEN LOOSING WEIGHT DOWN TO 143. I READ INTERNET
METFORIN TENDS TO WEIGHT LOOSE. LOOSING MUSCLE
TONE. GOOD DIET FOR WEIGHT GAIN?

Take the Poll

WEIGHT GAIN
  • SLIM DIABETIC FOR WEIGHT GAIN
  • DOES METFORIN PROMOTE WEIGHT LOOSE
vote
View Poll Results

betatoo responded:
I am also a slim type 2, but take a different tack here. I was originally 170 when diagnosed and 170. After diet and exercise, and refusing metformin I dropped to 150. I have steadily held there until a recent trip where I dropped to 143 over 3 weeks. This was probably due to my diet, which allows very little starches, and my exercise level with more hiking and walking. At home even though I am quite active I balance my weight with nut snacks, lots of non root veggies, small amount of bread, and lean protein. You might try the nuts for a snack when seeing your weight drop. I also allow myself fruit in small amounts,berries in larger amounts, and an apple a day. My total veggie servings a day are closer to 8-10, with 1-2 fruit servings. I also eat at least one salad a day, in the summer maybe 2.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.