Skip to content
SLIM DIABETIC WEIGHT PROGRAM
An_253249 posted:
I AM DIABETIC 2 .I HAVE BEEN ON METFORIN 500 MG 2 TIMES A DAY. I WAS NEVER OVER WEIGHT, ALWAYS IN LOW 50'S.
BEEN LOOSING WEIGHT DOWN TO 143. I READ INTERNET
METFORIN TENDS TO WEIGHT LOOSE. LOOSING MUSCLE
TONE. GOOD DIET FOR WEIGHT GAIN?

Take the Poll

WEIGHT GAIN
  • SLIM DIABETIC FOR WEIGHT GAIN
  • DOES METFORIN PROMOTE WEIGHT LOOSE
vote
View Poll Results

flutetooter responded:
I do not understand your comment, "Always in low 50's", Is that your fasting sugar? your after meal sugar? Is your meter working properly? Does it show low batteries?" Or was that your weight, like 152? Do you want to lose weight or gain weight? After reading your confusing post again, I think you are asking if your metformin is keeping you from gaining weight, which it seems is what you want to do. How tall are you, and how active are you in the way of daily exercise? What is your A1c and your fasting sugar? We will try to answer you if we can understand your questions.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.