Skip to content
6 Ads in a Row
flutetooter posted:
Monitors- There are 6 ads from Brwnsugar in a row! I read that it was O.K. to post complaints as well as report posts, because the monitors were better able to catch them.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

davedsel responded:
flutetooter, there are no more monitors or moderators in the WebMD communities. Simply report each ad as a ad/spam and eventually they will be deleted. Since it is the weekend that probably won't happen until tomorrow.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

flutetooter replied to davedsel's response:
Thank you. I reported the ads and they are all gone.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

auriga1 replied to flutetooter's response:
Thank you for doing that, Flute. What a waste of space! Bad enough that we have ads that take up space on both sides of the monitor. I never look at them. You want to gain our attention: Sneak one in and then maybe....

davedsel replied to auriga1's response:
The WebMD communities are very susceptible to ads/spam. Every community I am a member of gets them fairly frequently. I have found that reporting each post gets them deleted eventually. It seems that without a moderator the only posts that get deleted are the ones that are actually reported. I had also reported all those posts on Sunday and was very please with the quick deletes.

I've asked WebMD why they don't have better spam filters but have yet to receive an answer. The spammer are very deceptive and they register with what appears to be a legitimate account but have that ulterior motive. Just a small annoyance and able to be overlooked, I guess.

Hope you are all having a blessed and terrific Tuesday.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.