Skip to content
Update since my surgery
debs_bears posted:
Hi all it has been 2 months since my ileostomy. I have been healing on schedule per my doctor. My intestines are working great since this much needed surgery.

I have been able to get off some of my meds.

I have to have blood work every 2 months because what goes in comes out within an hour. So most of my vitamins, minerals do not stay with me. Still on a very restricted diet - limited amount of fiber, no wheat or grains, no milk products, no fruits, minimal amounts of veggies. No nuts, seeds etc.....Lots of protein drinks.

Been able to lose 10Lbs which is good and my daily sugars stay between 70 - 90. That is before eating and 2 hrs after. No more 100's.
Because my lung disease is getting worse I am limited to walking only, I use a percussion vest/machine to help move my lungs.

My diabetes is still in remission despite all I have been through and going through. Thanks for reading, Deb

mrscora01 responded:
Nice to see you Deb. I'm so glad that you are healing well. I hope things continue to improve at a slow and steady pace. Don't over do it!

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

auriga1 responded:
Hi Deb, nice to see you! A very pleasant surprise.

Great sugars! Hope your healing continues on the great path it has been on.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.