Skip to content
Medronic vs Dexcom Sensor
CMyers77 posted:
Hi All -

I've been asked by my doctor to use one of these two sensors and it turns out my insurance would cover either. Now I have to pick one. Have any of you used either of these? If so, I'd love pros/cons on either so I can pick.

Thank you!!

flutetooter responded:
It would help our replies if you said what the two sensors(?) the insurance named.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Anon_320 replied to flutetooter's response:
The names are in the thread title, flutetooter.

mrscora01 responded:
I had a Medtronic about 5 years ago and found it very inconsistent. I heard a lot fewer stories online about problems with the Dexcom (it has a longer track record) and it is supposed to last longer (more than 1 week out of each sensor). If I ever went back I would go Dexcom. Apparently it gives more consistent results.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

flutetooter replied to Anon_320's response:
Sorry, I just noticed the blue words the second time around!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

CMyers77 replied to mrscora01's response:
Thank you MrsCora01. Your reply was exactly what I was hoping to get to inform me more and help me make a choice.

-Cindy

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.