Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
12 year old diabetic with chronic stomach pain
An_253678 posted:
We need help for our son. He has been type 1 diabetic since he was 18 months old. He wears an insulin pump. For the past 2 years he has had chronic stomach pain. Started with severe stomach cramps and vomiting to chronic pain. Has had 2 endoscopies done with both normal results for gut and intestines. No celiac. Both came back with significant low lactaid levels. First one showed yeast on esphagus. Treated with antibiotics. Second one showed irritation on esphogus. Has been diagnosed with Gilbert disease, asthma, environmental allergies, 6 food allergies including corn, oats, rice, peanuts, soy and sesame. Hidascan showed gall bladder functioning at 30% and ultrasound normal. Dr. will not take gall bladder out. He has stopped eating almost everything and had a severe stomach cramping attack 15 mins after eating peanuts which started the latest stomach pains for past 2 weeks. ER sent him home after doing a stomach xray and blood work. He hasn't been able to go to school or play sports for past 2 weeks. Anyone have any thoughts on gall bladder removal?

flutetooter responded:
Would eating peanuts when he is allergic to them possibly cause those stomach cramps? We are not doctors here and couldn't begin to recommend any surgeries.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

An_252908 responded:
I read this a couple times over and I missed it - but why would your son eat peanuts if he is allergic to them - resulting in severe stomach cramps in just 15 mins. of consuming them?

When I was told I was allergic to certain foods I stay away from or I will pay the price. Wish I could help further.

An_251837 replied to howard_reg9's response:
What are you talking about?? Very confusing reply.

An_252908 replied to howard_reg9's response:
I'm lost - what are you trying to say?

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.