Skip to content
Anyone here ever have HIGH WHITE BLOOD CELLS?
jasononsweets posted:
This could or could not be diabetic related but for the past 3 years my blood test has shown a high white blood cell count of 12,500.... I do not believe I have any infections but should I be concerned? Have any of you ever had a HIGH count and what was the number and outcome?

brunosbud responded:
WBC counts and C-Reactive Protein are tests for inflammation, ie. there's a "battle" being waged somewhere in your body (tumors, infections, plaque formation on vessel walls). If it was me, yeah, I'd be "concerned".
Diabetes, inadequately controlled, tends to trash your body's immune system. It opens the door, wide open, for other problems to come into play. So many have said, here, "Well, you don't know how hard it is to control diabetes, exercise and lose weight when you have fibromyalgia, PCOS, Arthritis and Neuropathy at the same time!!!!" ...

Bull! I do know...And, now you know, too.

jasononsweets replied to brunosbud's response:
Has anyone else ever had a high white blood count and what were the numbers? Is 12,500 very high?

An_252908 replied to jasononsweets's response:
Jason you need to go see your doctor to find out why you have so high of WBC here is what Mayo Clinic says about this, and it also states to see your doctor.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-white-blood-cell-count/MY00161/DSECTION=causes

brunosbud replied to An_252908's response:
Where do you think he got "12,500"? Starbucks?

jasononsweets replied to brunosbud's response:
Starbucks? Whats that about? Trying to find out how high is high...

An_251837 replied to jasononsweets's response:
I searched the internet and found this: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5189222_causes-high-white-blood-counts.html

Seems like your results are high. You definitely need to discuss this with your doctor.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.