Skip to content
Agaricus Mushroom
merski posted:
Hi All, I just read an article here about the agaricus mushroom. Has anyone tried it to reduce B/S #'s? It sounds interesting.

thanks for the comments.

mrscora01 responded:
I haven't heard of it, but I can tell you this. For decades, there is always the latest "thing" to lower your blood sugar. Basically, there is no one "thing". It is a combination of diet, exercise, moderation, and in some cases medications. Often what happens is that the latest "thing" is given press, manufacturers make a bunch of it, and charge huge prices. Our pocket books end up a lot thinner.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

debs_bears responded:
I just googled the agaricus mushroom - you can take a pill form of it no more than 3 a week and for only 3 weeks of the month with one week off.

It also states that the benefits occurred in diabetics type 2 who also were taking it with Metformin.

Side effects can cause severe liver damage and/or cancer. No thank you I'd rather do what I am doing eating right and doing the walking that I am doing.

You can buy white button mushrooms at the grocery store and eat them with your meals.

betatoo replied to debs_bears's response:
Debs & Cora, I completely agree. Look at the reports from Consumer companies on the purity of all of these things and you'll find most are loaded with things you don't want to ingest. Then you look at the side effects. . . jeesssss its like stepping out of the frying pan into the fire!

I continue on my need for chemical free, natural products, fresh local veggies in summer, frozen when needed, and in the winter the imported as clean as possible. Two salads most days, low starch levels, and I seem to be beating anything that come my way. Dr. report last week was great, and he says see you in six months.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 147 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.