Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Remembering Michelle
debs_bears posted:
I have been in the hospital for 16 days and got home last night and today got some sad news about Michelle.

Michelle was a dear friend to many of us here on the diabetes board, she fought hard and long to keep her diabetes in control while battling breast cancer. Though the news might be late - prayers are always needed and never late.

Michelle has passed away on Nov. 3rd ending her struggle with cancer, I am sure her family will not mind me asking for prays on her behalf. I do not have any more info at this time.

Missing you already Michelle. Love Deb.

mrscora01 responded:
Thanks for posting that Deb. I knew, but was so involved in contacting the family and another little group that she and I both belonged to, that I completely forgot to let the people here know.

She was a brave and positive lady who faced her illness with dignity, grace, and her sense of humor intact.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

auriga1 responded:
Thank you, Deb, for posting that. Michelle's memorial is November 17th. I spent time with her when she was living in Kansas City. A vibrant, vivacious person in a little package. Always showing happiness and love. Very giving and caring. She will be missed greatly.

She fought for 3 1/2 years with breast cancer. A valiant and couragous struggle for sure.

Prayers are never late.

I hope you are doing O.K., Deb.

flutetooter replied to auriga1's response:
So sorry to hear this. She was such a trooper!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

dianer01 responded:
Thanks Deb!

I didn't know Michelle personally but she was very kind in her posts and very positive. I learned a lot from her and will miss her.

di
accelerate out of the corners

Michael Dansinger, MD responded:
Michelle had been such and important, visible, lively role model within the diabetes community. Always eager to support friends and newcomers alike. She will be missed.

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.