Skip to content
Type 2
fabladybug posted:
I am type 2 diabetic and just found out. I am 37 in remission from heart failure. My number this morning was 170mg. I don't understand about being a diabetic - I have been researching. No meds for it just diet and exercise she said. I am on Tribenzor for my bp - but I was on 6 pills for bp now she just has me on one and my bp still is to high - running 140/100. Advise me? And I have a UTI wont go away seems like its causing a yeast infection - I don't know. I haven't had intercourse in 4 years. Signed: So darn confused.
flutetooter responded:
Look up Tribenzor on your computer. It seems to be a combination of three different acting drugs which combat high blood pressures in three ways. It is used after other methods have failed! So ... I suggest strongly that you contact your doctor again for a better understanding of your total health situation ( weight, exercise, diet, salt, stress, heart failure, age, etc.) to see how much you can do by changing your habits to make you healthier if possible. You also need to be test for that possible yeast infection and UTI. The causes may have nothing to do with sex. In the meantime, cut out all "white" and starchy food and sweets like bread, rice, cereals, dessert,candhy, soda pop (also diet sodas) and eat more lean meats, greens, and non starchy veggies such as broccoli, zuchinni.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!
brunosbud responded:
Your symptoms suggest diabetes, no question. Diabetes coupled with high blood pressure and high cholesterol is the number one cause for stroke, heart disease and kidney disease. Your primary care, your diabetes specialist and your cardiologist have to be "coordinating" because it sounds like this is "advanced stage". Please follow your doctors instructions.

Also, if it was me, I'd be forwarding any important information/tests, observations of unusual symptoms and measurements to my doctors via fax or registered mail. In other words, "CYA". If you have proof that you sent this information to your doctors, then, there's no hiding or claims that the "patient was not forthcoming". From my perspective, once they have the information in hand, issues like chronic high BP or high blood glucose can't be ignored, indefinitely, without exposing themselves to malpractice claims. Doctors are busy people. They need and appreciate a patient's help. So, help them (& not us).
glucerna replied to brunosbud's response:
A new diagnosis of diabetes can be daunting. Ask your doctor ffor a referral to a diabetes education program where you'll learn about medications, diet, exercise, stress management, and testing your blood sugar levels. The American Diabetes Association also has a lot of information on all of these areas on their website. ~Lynn @Glucerna

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
123 of 175 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.