Skip to content
Other opinions needed!
An_254558 posted:
Im a 20 y/o female who had mono this january, I relapsed twice because 2 doctors misdiagnosed me. But last week I went to the doctor after my parents visited me in college and noticed that I was going to sleep after eating constantly, and was complaining of fatigue recently. All of my labs came back normal, and the mono is not active anymore. I just started checking my blood sugar on my own, although the PA had no concern because all of the lab values where normal. Just now it was 96, then 10 mins after eating two cookies it was 87. On my fathers side my grandmother was insulin dependent and my father is prediabetic (although both where/are in decent shape and not obese). I am also in decent shape and worked out 6x a week before my health problem starting this January, because of my lack of energy. Thank you ahead for any help.

smip responded:
Your blood glucose numbers seems fine. In fact they are perfect. Why is it that you think you may have diabetes? Mono is hard to come back from sometimes. Fatigue was a real problem for me also. Even after the mono was gone.

bigred53 replied to smip's response:
Oh my goodness! Smip. I've been wondering about you. I used to post quite often years ago. I do read all the posts every day. I've also been wondering about Hootie, Nixie and Missy.

Anyway it's good to see you posting again!!!

Michelle

Anon_1092 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi bigred53, smip,

It is always good to hear from those who haven't been around for a while.

Unfortunately Nixie passed away a couple of years ago. I believe Hootie and Missy are still around but have gone in different directions from Web MD.

We hope to see you both around more often.

ehiller4001 replied to smip's response:
Thanks for the response! My doctor said I can feel the mono for up to 3 years, which wasn't what I expected. Diabetes is big on my fathers side of the family. Best wishes

betatoo replied to ehiller4001's response:
ehiller, it is good to be proactive, especially with your family history, but you are probably just having to take a long time to recoup from the mono. As to concern for family history, eat healthy, whole grain, lots of veggies, moderate fats. We in the states have a tendency to have a diet heavily based on starches. Change that and eat starches moderately, also look into glycemic index and load. These things will help you avoid in all probability the onset of T2.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.