Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Intrigue and Veiled Ads
Anon_333 posted:
Ah, ha! Now we have gone to many new "ANONs" and the entire "Who is Glucerna" last posted on 13 hours ago has been deleted, including the post from Ruth as to metformin now tasting funny and "Lynn @ Glucerna"s reply about call the company with a whole string of phone numbers and when the office was open. Lynn@Glucerna replied 2 weeks ago that she was a consultant for Glucerna. Also the post 13 hours ago about how Web MD would probably be having a whole string of poster called (paraphrased) Bob@Bayer , Tess@Truetrack , etc. (I couldn't remember precisely.) If you search the name of some recent posters you can probably find some of those posts under history. It's good to know that WebMD has been bought.

Take the Poll

Intrigue and Ad - should paid representative from commercial diabetic groups be allowed to post as "members".
  • YES, they can be helpful, even if representig one viewpoint
  • NO, "ADs" is the top reason for reporting a post
  • Allow if they identify their company
vote
View Poll Results

mrscora01 responded:
To be honest with you, I take all "anon" posts with a really, really large grain of salt.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Anon_333 responded:
Choice #2 got scrambled: the letters "&qout" were not in the original. The first thing listed to check in a report of a post was whether or not the reporter felt the post was an ad. If that is a reason for reporting a post according to WebMD, why does it then remove the whole thread, but let the other posts by Lynn@Glucerna remain? Also there is a mistake in typing by me, since it was Glucerna that was tasting funny according to the poster, not metformin. Cora, I have never posted as ANON before, but was peeved that Web MD removed a whole thread which questioned the allowing of a company consultant as a member of the support community. Many of the comments at the end of that thread had been posted by "ANONS". Other had their replys removed by Web MD.

mrscora01 replied to Anon_333's response:
Ya, I am finding the board here is going through one of it's "phases". I've been a member, through a variety of usernames due to technical problems, since the 90s. It seems to be a combo of the problems with the technical aspects and different levels of intervention from admins.

The good news is that things will calm down and go back to "normal", hopefully soon.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

betatoo replied to mrscora01's response:
I am a moderator on another forum, and this sort of thing goes on quite often. We have been hit by spammers often trying to sell all sorts of things, but not by an actual person trying to win the trust of the community then hit it with a fishing link once in. This was quite subtle and intrusive on glucerna's part. I am probably going to be criticized, but my personal take was and is that this sort of invasion is just as unacceptable as a bot spammer.

mrscora01 replied to betatoo's response:
I agree, except that the bots are easier to deal with.

debs_bears responded:
Here's a few ideas that I do - if people don't want to reply to an "anon" then don't. If you have a problem that it is from an "anon" just don't respond. No one says you have to reply to an "anon".

If a person is bothered with a particular post or the original poster than don't reply. It is better not to leave a comment than a negative one.

Instead of "telling" a poster that they were just reported - just do it, we don't need to explain why or who reported it they should know the rules they joined didn't they? Who cares who reported it just as long as it is for the reasons stated by WebMD.

WebMD doesn't remove posts whenever they feel like it - it is when they feel it doesn't abide by their rules. Many times I felt like something should have been deleted but it wasn't so there must have been no rules broken.

I have been just leaving posts alone if I don't have nothing appropriate to say.

betatoo replied to debs_bears's response:
Many times here, I have wondered if there was anyone at the switch. This especially in the last year. It was amazing to Dr. D post again before the holiday.

debs_bears replied to betatoo's response:
I think that when they got rid of the moderators all went haywire.

davedsel replied to debs_bears's response:
Deb, I could not agree more. That is the reason why these communities have changed so much.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

flutetooter replied to debs_bears's response:
Deb, I think you misunderstood the Anon bit. I think people I recognized by their writing were writing in answer to my original post "Who is Glucerna" to protect their identify. The post which questioned whether an employee of the Glucerna Corp. was in fact violating the "No Ad" rules. MANY silent Reports were made buy myself and others who stated that they had sent in a report. Nothing happened except that the whole post was deleted including many replys by "Anons" who didn't wish to be identified, yet had a valid response. "Glucerna's" questionable answer to a poster, where she included company phone numbers and best time to call to get information about her product "Glucerna" so they could find out why Ruth thought it was tasting funny now, is above and beyond the usual personal health information exchanged here. Enough said.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.