Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I will be gone again for surgery
debs_bears posted:
I have a parastomal hernia and a second trying to make itself known. So on 1/8/14 I will be having yet another surgery.

I just had a revision done on my ileostomy on Oct. 30, and haven't quite healed from that one now this.

I am glad that during all this my sugar still is good A1c only 5.4% because I have to watch everything. I can not have all the good things I am used to having fruits and veggies are a no no. I can not have fiber any more.

I am allowed all the white products, rice, noodles, potatoes etc... all the stuff we as diabetes are told to stay away from. So I have to pick very carefully as to not raise my sugars. Dealing with more than one illness is not a good thing as many of us know.

I do have to have 3 protein shakes everyday so I am now using a product called Total Soy it is a powder and only has 16 carbs per serving not too bad. Life is what it is and I have to make the best out of it.

I am on here daily just don't post much, I do pray for you all. Debbie

glucerna responded:
I love hearing how you're making the most of a difficult situation and have been able to continue managing blood sugar through everything. Best wishes for the surgery. ~Lynn @Glucerna

debs_bears replied to glucerna's response:
I sometimes wish I only had diabetes to deal with - it would make my life much more manageable.

auriga1 responded:
Debbie, praying for the best outcome possible. Stay safe and healthy.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.