Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetic Supplies
marie38 posted:
I was contacted by Web MD about a month ago and they took all the information they needed to start sending me my testing supplies. I have never received any supplies and have not talked to anyone again. Does anyone know whether this is a legitimate supplier or a scheme??? I have not received any info yet re any charges to my medicare so assume this may be legitimate. Can anyone tell me if they get supplies from Web MD??

davedsel2 responded:
You can use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of this page to contact WebMD regarding this issue.

I have never heard of WebMD doing such a thing and to be honest I think it is a scam. Use that link I suggested to start verifying this transaction.

marie38 replied to davedsel2's response:
Thank you for you input and I sent an email to Web MD and hope they will reply I will sign up with a different distributer as I have had to purchase some supplies and that gets quite expensive.

brunosbud responded:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/806638#2
("Medicare Changes Create Uncertainty for Diabetes Supplies")

"...A major change in US Medicare reimbursement rules beginning July 1 (2013) will save money but will drastically limit the number of vendors from which beneficiaries with diabetes can obtain glucose-testing supplies...Testing supplies affected by the new plan are glucose strips, lancets, lancet devices, batteries, and control solution, but not the meters themselves. However, because the strips are designed to work with specific meters, the new plan could result in a change of meter for many seniors as well..."

The big concern with the new Medicare plan is that it will significantly reduce the amount of face-to-face consultations between plan participants and pharmacists, especially, in the area of how to use glucose meters and test strips. Do you think this is a big problem? Where else can newly diagnosed diabetics and pre-diabetics learn how to properly use a glucometer?

davedsel2 replied to brunosbud's response:
How does this answer the original poster's question? Is Medscape, which is associated with WebMD, selling diabetic supplies?
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Anon_320 responded:
I really think you've been scammed. WebMD doesn't sell supplies or medications of any kind.

marie38 replied to davedsel2's response:
I was recently contacted by my Dr's office and they had received a fax from Doc Depot requesting info re my testing and I am assuming that this is in response to my earlier requests I still am unsure just who the supplier is. Have you heard of Doc Depot??? I am new at this diabetes problem and am unsure of exactly what to do. I have a meeting on the 23rd with my diabetes counselor and nutritionist and will check with them re supplies. Thank you for you assistance Davedsel2.

davedsel2 replied to marie38's response:
Hello again, Marie.

I did a Yahoo search on the phrase "Doc Depot" and did find this site: http://thedocdepot.com/

I would definitely discuss this with your doctor on the 23rd and see if the doctor or anyone in the office is familiar with this site. It looks more like a service for storing medical documents to me.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.