Skip to content
Victoza to Byetta
cntrystep posted:
I am switching from Victoza to Byetta and curious if anyone has done this. I think I know the answer to this, but, Byetta starts you with 5 cc for first month, and wonder has anyone started with 10 cc right off the bat. Hopefully, someone is able to get back to my question today. Thanks!!!

davedsel2 responded:
Hello.

That may be a question best asked of your doctor and/or pharmacist.

I have a question for you - why are you switching? I have been on Victoza for about a month and it is helping, but I am still having some side affects. Does Byetta have fewer side affects?
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears responded:
I am not on either but why would you switch to Byetta when it's been reported to cause Pancreatic Cancer.

Why would your doctor switch you to this?

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.