Skip to content
Please Help!
hannahleawang316 posted:
Hello! I am a 15 year old female and I have been having weird symptoms for awhile now.
First it was extreme thirst and hunger then frequent bathroom trips and now its painful cramps and tingling in my legs and feet especially at night, I also wake up a lot due to either being extremely thirsty or having to use the bathroom... again. I have had fainting episodes about a year ago but not so much now. I was tested for diabetes but I guess it came out negative. My question is could I have diabetes now? I'm not overweight and I'm pretty healthy I have not been to a doctor yet.
Please help!!

atti_editor responded:
Hi hannahleawang316

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a diagnosis through this board (and I am in no way a medical professional). I encourage you to call or make an appointment with your doctor to share your concerns and symptoms.

In the mean time here is a page that will give you an overview of type 1 diabetes as well as a slideshow that you may find helpful.

-Atti

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.