Skip to content
Posts disappearing
flutetooter posted:
Brand names are prominent in our posts. Check the posts today. Why would my post about a home A1c testing kit that is no longer being available be removed? Replies included information in a national magazine with links? Can't we even mention magazines and sources by name?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

brunosbud responded:
Because I was mad at you and I felt you took a cheap shot, I reported you. So, please don't blame the moderators since they were simply following the rules. Unfortunately, I realize, now, that was an error. Because, in the end, the people reading this board lost an important and valuable bit of information.

Bayer has discontinued producing their A1C Home Test Kit.

I try to refrain from getting into arguments with other members, here, because I believe diabetes is affected by so many aspects of lifestyles that it's actually dangerous to discount or attempt to suppress anybody's experience with this disease. I want people to understand that what works (in the control of blood glucose) for some may and, often times, does not work, at all, for others simply because each of us expose ourselves to a multitude of different pollutants, chemicals and daily "stressors" that can significantly impact blood sugar.

By reporting you, I not only gained nothing but I actually cost others, plenty. That was a mistake that I will not be making, again.

flutetooter replied to brunosbud's response:
Bruno, that was not meant to be a "cheap shot". It was meant to be a compliment in that you often encourage people to take care of themselves and come down on the medical business that are out to make money primarily rather that help people manage their healther better. The Forbes article implied that Bayer was not explaining to people how to use their product and were only trying to sell more of their brand of testing strips (not connected to their A1c product. When those sales didn't go up, it scrapped the A1c NOW Self Check kit leaving fewer patient products available on the market. I thought you would chime in with support for patients being able to care more for themselves and not leaving all decisions to the medical business establishment. So sorry that you misunderstood. Anyway, another company is supposed to the buying up the Bayer A1c product and will be marketing it under a different name in April.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.