Skip to content
Thyroid disease and diabetes
debs_bears posted:
Do not go hand in hand....

I am so frustrated. My sugar has been fine for years then I started getting tired every time I ate even though I have to watch all my carbs and limit them.

So I asked my PCP to run my thyroid test TSH and Free T4. Mainly because I was so tired, also my sugars were not right - many told me it was because of 2 surgeries in 9 weeks - I didn't buy that, I would consume only 11 grs of carbs and my sugars jumped to 150, sure enough my test came back both are extremely high.

I have had thyroid issues since I was 15, now 57 and no longer have a thyroid, controlled diabetic since 2010 no meds. But my sugars started to climb and that bothered me.

So my advice would be if you are eating right, exercising doing everything you can do to get your sugars down and you can't, go see your doctor and have your thyroid tested.

Mine is extremely underactive at the moment or what they call Hypothyroidism. My thyroid meds have been changed, and since my thyroid was causing the rise in my sugars I will not be going back on those meds.

I tell ya, you can't be too careful now a days. Debbie

glucerna responded:
I'm glad you're listening to your body and talking with your physician when you feel something isn't quite right. That's really proactive! ~Lynn @Glucerna

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.