Skip to content
I'm back just for a little bit (Sugar been spiking)
mustang37b posted:
Hello Web M.D. type II diabetes group. I've been out of the spotlight but I've been thinking I should try again and get information. Lately my sugar been 95 - 167 at fasting, but but lately it's spiking. I'm trying to watch what I eat and exercise. I'm 39 now this year will be 40. I still consider myself a prediabetic but lately each showing different. But I do know this when I drink more water and get 30 min. of exercise my blood sugar is much better. It's been a cold winter in Pennsylvania, but for my birthday of last year I got Xbox connect it's fun trying to get some exercise doing that. I got a couple games season one sports, fitness exercise, dancing and adventure. My mom got that for birthday. My mom is still very ill she has good days and more bad days but she loves me. My mental illness is getting better with mom and other people around me. I'm learning to cope with things in a more fashion way. So if you any of you have any opinion why my sugar spiking. Thank you for listening Den/mustang .PS I'm going for blood work because my psychiatrists was concerned about my readings.

glucerna responded:
Drinking more water and getting exercise are great ways to keep your blood sugar under control. Using the Xbox is a fun idea during the winter as well. You might keep track of the days you exercise as well as your food choices and see if that has an effect on your blood sugar levels. Following up with your doctor is a really good idea as well. ~Lynn @Glucerna

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.