Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Web MD "experts"
flutetooter posted:
I just noticed the addition 3 weeks ago of "atti-editor" in a thread about adult diabetics and flu shots. He/She/It indentifies itself as the newest addition to the expert contingency of Web MD. Great! and Welcome! We needed you. At the same time I noticed the "demise" of all the smiley "Glucerna" faces. I assume this is a new real expert and not the same person with a different avatar. Maybe WebMD has responded to all the replies and reports concerned about possibly getting free advertising for a commercial product.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

davedsel2 responded:
Flute,

"glucerna" replied two days ago in this thread: http://forums.webmd.com/3/diabetes-exchange/forum/9608

I am very discerning of all posts in these WebMD communities and have seen so many different things happen over the past 10 years. I guess I get defensive of a site that was once much safer than it is now and hope it will be again soon. If "atti-editor" is indeed a moderator then I hope they do help to keep this a safe and enjoyable environment.

I hope everyone is having a blessed and terrific Tuesday.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

indica replied to davedsel2's response:
why are diabetes so scary

atti_editor responded:
Thank you flutetooter!

I am happy to be helping moderate this community and others. We are working to make the communities a safe place to discuss medical conditions and to get support and advice from fellow members. Glucerna is not a WebMD expert, Dr. Dansinger is the only WebMD expert here. I will be monitoring this community and others for any posts that go against WebMD policy and will be removing them accordingly. If you are concerned with a post, please report it so that I am alerted more quickly and can determine if it should be removed. I hope that you are having a great day!

-Atti

flutetooter replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you atti-editor! It's good to know there is a real community monitor and an expert now on board because it seems the advise here lately has been more of a fortune cookie and wishful thinking variety. I missed this post because of a fried computer and am now getting used to a new pacemaker which curtails my exercise somewhat for another couple weeks. I have cut down the total calories consumed during the past couple months as well as counting carbs and it seems to be working, since my A1c at the doctor's office last week was the same as my reading on a home A1c Now testing kit: 5.7. I will be in Florida for a couple weeks which sure beats the snow belt for exercise opportunities!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.