Skip to content
Confusing Posts Lately
flutetooter posted:
Other than Deb's posts, which are very clear, many of the new topics and replies have been confusing to say the least. Especially for Newbies, when you answer a post or reply, be sure to click on the "reply" boxes directly under the paragraph you are answering. If you are answering the first topic, scroll back to that one and check "reply" right below it, not the reply at the end of a string of other replies.

Also, much of the info has been vague, without documenting glucose numbers, meds, exercise, etc. It's almost like diabetes is being managed by the blowing of the wind, or consulting cloud patterns, or a fortune teller. While there are many different scientific opinions concerning the treatment of diabetes, and every diabetic can react differently to meds and diet, still we need to start with some real information on each situation.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

mrscora01 responded:
Hey there Flute. What, you don't like the "rah! rah!" type comments about "good for you seeing your doc"? And the ones that simply say "see a dietitian"? At least we're not seeing so much spam about "hit this link and cure....".

The confusion is part of why I'm not posting so much. The good news is that boards go through phases and then typically go back to "normal".

How are you doing lately? I am doing very well. The occasional low as I now have a bit of reactive hypoglycemia. But otherwise I have some energy and am doing well.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

flutetooter replied to mrscora01's response:
Thanks Cora. I am a bit "low", not sugar wise, but emotionally due to a pacemaker implant 3 weeks ago and not being up to par as much as I thought I would be. I am trying gradually to get my exercise level a little higher so I don't have to cut down so much on how much I eat, since I am on no meds. I will talk to my doctor on Wed. on possibly adding a low dose of metformin. It may not be necessary since my A1c is still 5.8. The new 6" of snow today does not make me cheerful either. I walked around the track at the gym and did only 5 minutes slowly on the treadmill, and had done a slow water therapy poo l"swishing back and forth" class - all of which are very low level, but at least I'm not snow bound.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

mrscora01 replied to flutetooter's response:
Yup, the winter is getting to us all. I know about the slow recovery. My hubby brought the recumbent bike up from the basement ('cause I was afraid I wouldn't make it back up after pedalling). But things will get better.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

debs_bears replied to flutetooter's response:
Slow and steady they say, I know I am only 2 weeks from my surgery and all I am allowed to do is go for shorts walks 4 times a day.

Keep up the good work - water therapy sounds great. 5.8% is a good number at least you can keep the metformin at bay for now. Good Job. Debbie
May the Blessings of the Lord be with you always. If you want to know more about me press on my picture. Debbie

betatoo replied to debs_bears's response:
You folks have had a rough year this year, and the weather certainly does not help anyone. I hope that all of you will be recovered enough that when Spring comes you will be able to enjoy it.

Here in central PA, Winter has just kept coming back with now breathers. Same all over the nation though. I am looking forward to Spring and kayaking, but worry that Spring will be late with the Great Lakes frozen.

As to the fuzzy posts, I hope I am not one of the contributors to that. I have found that I post much less here than before, and that the forum drags a long from day to day. Without the staff that they used to have, there is very little that we can do other than voice opinions. Problem with that is that it can be taken as gospel and someone makes poor changes based on it. I still stand on my own assessment: I am basically Starch intolerant.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.