Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Random anxiety symptoms under bizarre circumstances
fcvvb posted:
I've had the following symptoms for at least 3 years that I can remember but recently they have become noticeably worst. Here are my symptoms broken down with estimations as to how often they occur together:

Dizziness/lightheaded 100%
Blurry vision 35%
Numbness(<2%)/tingling of limbs < 10%
Shortness of breath 75%
Sense of impending doom 90-100%
Sense of elevated heart beat 75%

Generally I experience one or more of the symptoms on a daily basis, but they are often mild and at random. Speaking to others can trigger my symptoms, usually new people, even if though I have no fear of crowds or social interaction. Also, getting my haircut can quickly trigger a symptom. Often the paper they wrap around your neck feels tighter than it really is until the symptoms fade.

I've found that not eating frequently(every few hours) increases the chances of me getting symptoms, but they still occur even when eating regularly but not nearly as severely. I've also noticed if I can focus on something other than the symptoms and control my breathing they also seem to fade out.

Other fun facts that may be helpful: I rarely ever have symptoms occur when I'm outdoors; however, swing sets trigger a light sensation of vertigo but never used to. About 16-17 months ago I contracted HPV(safe sex apparently isn't that safe). The first 6 months or so after having HPV I occasionally had a cyst or two which was resolved with simple home remedies. I no longer have HPV symptoms nor other spontaneous medical issues. Not sure if HPV has cleared my system completely though. Note that I had the anxiety symptoms before I contracted HPV, just not as severe. I've been told the female side(I'm male) of my family has a history of hypoglycemia. I'm at a healthy weight, and have been all my life. While my diet isn't the most pure diet in the world I definitely do try to eat well.

I'm fairly sure I already know the answer to the cause of all my problems but I would like the opinions of others, and perhaps resolution ideas.

Thank you.

davedsel2 responded:
Hello.

I am sorry you are going through all this. Just so you know, no doctors or health care professional reply to posts in this WebMD Diabetes Community any longer on a regular basis. The Terms Of Use prevent any member, even a WebMD Expert, to provide any type of diagnosis or medical advice/opinion.

You would ultimately do much better to discuss all your issues in person with a doctor. If you are not satisfied with your current doctor(s), then search for one in your area that can help.

Someone else here may come along with other ideas or have experienced similar symptoms. It is OK for members to share ideas based on their experiences. I can share from some of my experiences that your symptoms sound like those I've had that have come from anxiety. You may also find it beneficial to post in one of the WebMD Mental Health communities, and also seek therapy with a competent, trusted mental health professional.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Anon_320 responded:
I searched for just a couple of your symptoms and came up with this extensive list of possibilities .

You really need to see your doctor about this.

Michael Dansinger, MD responded:
Thank you for sharing your symptoms, concerns, and insights. Your situation is complex and not easily diagnosed without a thorough medical evaluation.

When physical and psychological symptoms interact like this there is always the possibility that there is an underlying physical problem that leads to anxiety, or vice versa.

Anxiety disorder is a medical condition that can include panic attacks, and your description fits that condition. I hope you will see your doctor or find a doctor who can work with you to understand what is going on with you, identify the underlying causes, and help you to find a way to get some relief.

Michael Dansinger, MD

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.