Skip to content
diabetes and dry skin
An_256073 posted:
Since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes my skin keeps getting more dry all the time. Does anyone have any tips on what products work well. Nothing I've tried works...

davedsel2 responded:
I use and like very much Gold Bond Ultimate diabetics Dry Skin Relief. You can go to your local pharmacy and shop around, and even ask the pharmacist for help.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

brunosbud responded:
Your dry skin is related to blood sugar control. Once my A1C fell down to safer levels, my skin (& hair) noticeably improved. I discovered through experimentation that once I increased my daily activity and ate healthier, soap, toothpastes, deodorants & hair products became unnecessary. The proliferation of "hygiene" related products is a byproduct of the acceptance of diets heavy in processed foods. Good health (&, therefore, beauty) never works from the "outside>>>in". Warren Buffet is wealthy because he invests on the basis of the gullibility of people.

glucerna replied to brunosbud's response:
I like your emphasis on blood sugar control and eating an overall healthy and balanced diet as a way to improve dry skin. Our skin is actually the largest organ in our body and a healthy diet is key to healthy skin. If you haven't met with a registered dietitian or diabetes educator, this is a good time to ask for a referral. ~Lynn @Glucerna

An_255018 responded:
It is very sad that a person comes seeking a simple answer, and gets a simple answer from one member while two others attack their lifestyle without even knowing the difference. It seems like that is the nature of this community of late. Certainly, skin conditions can be cause by underlying health problems, but the replies were inappropriate and not at all supportive IMHO.

Must be time for me to seek support elsewhere.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.