Skip to content
Combination of Ailments
flutetooter posted:
I've been absent from posting for a while learning to cope with my new (8 weeks since implant) pacemaker, and now "severe apnea" sleep test results. The good news is that my A1c is still 5.7 and I am able to still eat my normal lower carb diet. The heart doctor (electrophysiologist) had said that the pacemaker would probably help my high blood pressure and my pre diabetes.

My regular internist has said I will feel "tons better" when I get my sleep mask, which will happen next Tuesday. My neurologist patted me on the shoulder and said that he was glad the visits helped "a little bit", as we discovered that limiting the tyrosine protein (pickles, olives, aged cheeses and sausages and nuts) helped a lot with my dizziness caused by silent migraines.

I supposed next a voodoo doctor will promise me fame and wealth. lol I was also in a scientific research study for pacemakers that can tolerate MRIs. Both the pacemaker and the patient (me) survived the test and the product will be approved soon I know. The doctors have all been wonderful and I have been able to schedule vacations to warm places in between event. In two more weeks we take a cruise to the Caribbean (with sleep mask, blood pressure monitor, sugar monitor, and pacemaker TSA card in tow). My only wish now is to reconnect with my friends who AREN'T doctors! lol
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

debs_bears responded:
Flute I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I had thought the reason you were gone was you were on vacation. I am sorry about your sleep apnea that has to be hard to a handle on that.

I am glad to hear your A1c is so good all things considered. I will keep praying for you. Debbie
May the Blessings of the Lord be with you always. If you want to know more about me press on my picture. Debbie

davedsel2 responded:
Hello, Flute.

Sorry you are going through all this. I have slept with CPAP since September 2001. Prior to that I was on 12 prescription medications. After sleeping with CPAP for about 6 months I was able to start working with my doctor and eliminated half of them. It does take some getting use to, but you should feel better when your apnea is corrected.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

flutetooter replied to debs_bears's response:
Thanks Deb and Dave. I was in Florida for two weeks also and spent the time walking, resting, getting warm, and taking it easy. I need to start raising my exercise level slowly now that my incision is healed. It was much easier to walk the beaches. I understand that it can take some time to get back to where I was before, but it still spooks me mentally that some young techs can make my heart beat the way they think it should just by messing around with the chips in my pacemaker with their computers. I know that this can give me many more healthy years, but the "energy bunny" was a lot funnier on TV than it is in my chest. Diabetes seems easier to manage now in comparison.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.