Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Blood sugar 477
    jcrestoredus posted:
    I had a cortisone shot 2 weeks ago. Blood sugar went up to 546. Dr. Gave me levemire insulin pin. Hasn't worked. He is off today what can I do to get it down. Feel really bad. Should I go to er?
    davedsel2 responded:
    Yes. If your doctor has no service covering for him, then an emergency room visit would be the right thing to do - asap.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    auriga1 responded:
    Agree with Dave. My insulin was expired, and I did not realize it at the time. Silly me did not check like I should have. My BS was 435 two hours after my meal (only 19 grams of carbs at tht meal.) I was with my dietician at the time checking my Insulin Therapy records and tested right in front of her. She dropped everything to call my doctor's nurse. They told me to go to the ER. They gave me an insulin drip and sent me on my way when I was in the safe zone.

    That high a BS is very dangerous. Peope have passed out.

    I hope you have gotten help by now. Wishing you the best.

    Helpful Tips

    Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

    Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.