excercize
barb10562 posted:
last nite after dinner I had to go out and did some walking and climbing stairs. About 4 hours later, thinking blood sugar would be nice and low, it was 286!! What did I do?? Had maybe 24 carbs for dinner.

flutetooter responded:
Barb, I went back about 3 years to your old discussions and have one question comes to mind -- When you say 24 carbs, are you saying 24 grams of carbohydrates including ALL fruits and veggies, plus grains and whatever amount is on the label of canned and frozen products, or are you referring to the ADA idea of 1 carb equals 1 serving of various foods, but not including vegetables? Many of the members who replied to the carb questions over the years limit themselves to 100 or under grams of carbs for the whole day in order to keep their diabetes under control.

Another thought is that if a person's dinner contains fats, even good fats, their digestion really slows down and dinner is still digesting over the next several hours, maybe for 4 hours or more before the sugar in your bloodstream lessens.

There is also the possibility of diabetes becoming more progressive as more beta cells are destroyed over the years.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

glucerna responded:
Did you test your blood sugar before dinner? That's another important piece of this puzzle. ~Lynn @Glucerna