Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
type one diabetes with autoimmune health affecting it
courtney101 posted:
I have been type one since 1999 I'm now 22. The past five years I've developed a autoimmune thing that is unnamed where my immune system attacks my organs and I've developed auto immune pancreatitis. Both are slow killers.I've almost died hundreds of times and the worse attacks were on my heart for two years when it first started then on my liver last year. These health problems make my diabetes uncontrollable. I've been told that I'm not to be on a diabetic diet because swelling and pancreatic attacks make me unable to eat for a week or longer also hospitalizing me and causing my weight to be a dangerous problem. And most times my BG is high if I correct I'm getting a glucogon shot. Almost everyday I'm to weak or sick or n pain to function. I'm afraid that the doctors are right. And there truly is nothing else they can do. I've been told if I don't find a way to get a pancreatic transplant (which I'm not elligable for) that I'll eventually get pancreatic cancer. My pancreatitis is how I got type one. And if the other auto immune problem isn't cured eventually it will kill me. I don't know what to do I just need information if any is out there so I can get help or fixed.if u find anything contact me at reinhardtcourtney@yahoo.com please. Thank you for reading this.

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.