Skip to content
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT HAVING HIGH SUGA LEVEL
An_257346 posted:
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY SUGAR IS HIGHER THAN NORMAL AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. CAN U GIVE ME SOME ADVICE? THE SUGAR LEVEL IS 6.3 AT THIS TIME AND I AM WOUNDERING IF THIS IS REALLY BAD.

nutrijoy responded:
You didn't state what your units of measurement are as to whether it is an A1c value or a mmol/l value. If the 6.3 is your A1c measurement, it is equivalent to 147 mg/dL and is still considered to be "in control" by A.D.A. protocols. There are many of us who think that value is still too high as damage to cells begins at 110 mg/dL and accelerates significantly at 140 mg/dL and higher. On the other hand, if your 6.3 value is mmol/l, that's equivalent to an A1c value of about 5.35 or is considered to be within safe ("normal" but elevated) ranges. A lifestyle modification would significantly improve your results and other members can chime in with specific recommendations.

glucerna replied to nutrijoy's response:
It's important to talk with your doctor about these numbers. Most hospitals offer education programs for people with pre-diabetes and diabetes, and they can be an excellent way to learn more. ~Lynn @Glucerna

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.