Skip to content
Diabetes Mellitus??
gvh01 posted:
I recently had my A1c tested and my results were indicative of pre-diabetes. The same day I also had a blood glucose test (non fasting) and it was 89 mg/dl. I am not overweight. My bmi is ~19 kg/m^2, the test were taken at a training for my job so I have not had any previous test fasting and non fasting that have ever indicated diabetes. Lately, I have been feeling fatigued with frequent headaches that I thought were d/t less sleep than usual in the past week. My throat feels slightly swollen also. I hope you are able to provide some insight .

glucerna responded:
It's a good idea to follow-up with your physician after a screening, and also because you haven't been feeling well. Did the screeners recommend anything? The American Diabetes Association has information about diagnosing diabetes and pre-diabetes here: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diagnosis/ ~Lynn @Glucerna

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.