Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heads up! Recall of ground turkey...
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Well, there goes my plan for turkey burgers tonight!

Haylen
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

davedsel57 responded:
Thank you for posting this, Haylen.

There's a trip back to Aldi to take back the frozen ground turkey I bought last Saturday.
Blessings, Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
No Aldi in California (I don't think) but my friends in Oklahoma love it...

I'm amazed at the scope of this recall...what a disaster for everyone involved.

Haylen

dianer01 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen:

The same company which owns Trader Joes owns Aldi. They are different concepts though.

We have a grinder attachment for our stand mixer and have been grinding our own meat for a year or so. I feel like we have a little more control on the quality of what is being ground...a few less "parts". I have found a source for chicken leg meat which is cheaper than beef and we find after trimming the fat and adding some seasoning we like the chicken burgers as much as beef.

my thoughts...

DavidHueben replied to dianer01's response:
Since ground turkey is verboten (recalled), I am switching to fried alligator tail tonight!!!

It was on sale for $9.99 per pound today at my meat market. It is very easy to prepare and very tasty.

To make it, you cut the gator into 1" - 1.5" chunks. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix about 3/4 cup of buttermik and 3/4 cup of Frank's hot sauce. Dredge the chopped gator in flour and then dip in the buttermilk/hot sauce mixture.

Heat about 1/2" of oil in a skillet. Fry until golden brown, drain on paper towels, and serve with chilled ranch dressing for dipping.

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - Winston S. Churchill

mhall6252 replied to DavidHueben's response:
I knew there was a reason why I stick to 93% lean ground beef!

Michelle

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.