Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: Aaaaachoo - Spring Allergies
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Click the link to access a story on the top cities for spring allergies. From what I'm seeing around various communities, there are some sneezy, itchy folks out there!

How do you treat allergies if you are one of the unlucky afflicted?

Haylen
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

nwsmom responded:
Haylen, I usually take an OTC antihistamine. It helps a lot. (Skin testing showed no allergic responses, but my skin forgot to tell by dose! I think maybe the fact that I was on an immunosupressant at the time of testing may have interferred with my response.)

loni54 responded:
Every antihistimine I've tried so far has raised my bs levels too high for me. I responded best to Allegra-D. However, my bs stayed at 209 and above. What antihistimine/decongestant works best without high bs levels?

phototaker replied to loni54's response:
"This was on the American Diabetes Association site:
Antihistamines may help in drying and relieving congestion. These products are available OTC and include diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, brompheniramine, loratadine, cetirizine, and fexofenadine. (Please note: brompheniramine is available OTC only in combination products and as a single agent by prescription). None of the OTC antihistamines are known to cause a problem with blood glucose control. "
"

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.