Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
News regarding diabetes drug actos
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
The diabetes drug Actos (pioglitazone) already carries a warning about its risk for bladder cancer, and now new research suggests that this risk may be greater than previously believed.

Click the link to read more and please do not stop any drug or medication without consulting your doctor.

Haylen
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

brunosbud responded:
Gee...what a surprise...

betatoo responded:
Many of the drugs used today are recent. We do not have the history behind them that something like Aspirin has. At the same time I have become very reluctant to take something under the control of big Pharma. All too many times we have found that something supposedly good is worse than the disease it was to control. One of the reasons I resist medication adamantly.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.