Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Cost of insulin
    An_251551 posted:
    I have found being honest with my doctor helps. When my insurance was not paying for my insulin and supplies I was honest with him and for over six months he supplied everything for me by the things he received from the drug reps. Yes at times it ment me changing insulin several times but over all they were basically the same. We did have to adjust doses a little. But also check with the companies
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

NWSmom4g responded:
    I'm on SSR, so a fixed income. And lots of meds! Several years ago, I asked my doctor about samples...and fortunately they get lots of them. Especially for the most expensive one, that costs over $1.00/day even after insurance. They have been a lot of help.
    Nancy

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.