Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
peanut butter and ways to cut carbs
texas9chick posted:
eat p'nut butter on celery sticks, real, fresh carrot sticks, fresh zucchini sticks. Eat tuna, and other proteins wrapped in Romaine lettuce sandwiches, Be imaginative and stay away from bread at every meal.
Was this Helpful?
3 of 15 found this helpful

Maur1216 responded:
But what about the calorie content. How much peanut butter are you talking about?

davedsel replied to Maur1216's response:
Peanut butter is NOT always the healthiest choice. It is high in fat, and most commercial peanut butters have a lot of sugars such as molasses or high fructose corn syrup. Practicing moderation by having only 1 tablespoon at a time would be the wisest approach to this food.

What works for one may not work for others. PB may be fine for you, but cause some else to see a rise in blood glucose readings.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

rohvannyn replied to davedsel's response:
For those who shop at Kroger or Kroger related stores like Fry's, their natural peanut butter is awesome. It comes in smooth or chunky and has no high fructose corn syrup. It's also usually between $2.50 and $2.79 a jar, much cheaper than most natural peanut butters.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.