Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

peanut butter and ways to cut carbs
    texas9chick posted:
    eat p'nut butter on celery sticks, real, fresh carrot sticks, fresh zucchini sticks. Eat tuna, and other proteins wrapped in Romaine lettuce sandwiches, Be imaginative and stay away from bread at every meal.
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 15 found this helpful
    Maur1216 responded:
    But what about the calorie content. How much peanut butter are you talking about?
    davedsel replied to Maur1216's response:
    Peanut butter is NOT always the healthiest choice. It is high in fat, and most commercial peanut butters have a lot of sugars such as molasses or high fructose corn syrup. Practicing moderation by having only 1 tablespoon at a time would be the wisest approach to this food.

What works for one may not work for others. PB may be fine for you, but cause some else to see a rise in blood glucose readings.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

rohvannyn replied to davedsel's response:
    For those who shop at Kroger or Kroger related stores like Fry's, their natural peanut butter is awesome. It comes in smooth or chunky and has no high fructose corn syrup. It's also usually between $2.50 and $2.79 a jar, much cheaper than most natural peanut butters.

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.